Virtually experience 9 features of Michigan’s U.P.
Now’s the time to start planning your vacation and this list has been pulled together to help you do just that! Explore the remote Isle Royale National Park, visit historical museums, fly over the Mackinac Bridge and more — all from the comfort of your home.
- Journey to the remote Isle Royale National Park and explore this beautiful wilderness on a 4-day backpacking trip.
- Virtually visit two of Menominee Range’s historical museums to see historic WWII gliders and artifacts or learn about life in the Upper Peninsula during the late 19th and early 20th centuries.
- Kayak past a freighter and around Voyageur Island Park in Sault Ste. Marie. Don’t forget to move your smartphone around or use your computer mouse to grab the screen and take in the full 360º view!
- Watch this short PBS video to learn about the Great Lakes Shipwreck Museum, including the history behind the famous wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald.
- Experience Mackinac Island’s delightful collection of virtual tours from how to get there, what sites to see to what foods to enjoy from sunrise ‘til starlight.
- Follow this young family throughout Au Train and Pictured Rocks to find out what U.P. highlights they discovered.
- Be amazed at the beauty of the Northern Lights near Eagle Harbor.
- Fly with a drone over Michigan’s iconic suspension bridge, the mighty Mackinac Bridge. It’s 552 feet high and almost five miles long!
- Take a trip in this Under the Radar Michigan episode to see the beauty of the Porcupine Mountains, visit the historic Quincy Mine in Hancock, and drink a brew (or three).