Snowmobile Trail Report
Updated: December 2, 2021
Upper Peninsula Snowmobile Trails officially open December 1st and are groomed (weather permitting) until March 31st.
Please check this report during the season for trail condition reports across the UP!
Western Upper Peninsula – By County:
- Gogebic County: (12/2) Insufficient snow for grooming or riding.
- Gogebic Range Trails:
- Lake Gogebic:
- Ontonagon County: (12/2) Insufficient snow for grooming or riding.
- Ontonagon/Silver City/White Pine:
- Sidnaw/Bruce Crossing:
- Houghton & Keweenaw: (12/2) Current snowfall accumulation is too low for the trails to be open. Due to ongoing bridge maintenance, the MDOT does not expect the Portage Lake Lift Bridge to be open until December 18th or 20th at the earliest!
- Baraga: Insufficient snow for grooming or riding.
- Big Bay Trail #14:
- Alston Trail #15 to #8/15 to #109:
- Nestoria Trail #15 to #8:
- Chassell Trail:
- Sidnaw Trail 159 to #8-15:
- Iron County: (12/2) Insufficient snow for grooming or riding.
- Iron River:
- Crystal Falls:
Central Upper Peninsula – By County
- Marquette County: Insufficient snow for grooming or riding.
- Big Bay Trails:
- Hiawatha Trails:
- Moose Country:
- Trenary Northern Trails:
- UP Central:
- Dickinson County: Insufficient snow for grooming or riding.
- Menominee County: Insufficient snow for grooming or riding.
- Alger County: (12/1) OFFICIAL OPENING DAY OF SNOWMOBILE SEASON! It’s here but snow conditions are very poor. Ground is not frozen and the few inches of snow we have is very wet. Trail Reports will be every few days as we start getting them ready and the snow arrives. Stay Tuned! Past 24 hour Grooming Operations: Currently on Hold Forecast: Rain Snow Mix, 37º F, Winds S 11 mph Currently: Cloudy, 26º F, Winds SW 8 mph
- 8 East – Shingleton:
- 8 West – Chatham:
- 7 South – CR440:
- 7 North – Christmas:
- 419 East – Wetmore:
- 419 West – Munising:
- 418 – Au Train:
- 417 Brownstone Jnct:
- 422 – Miners Castle:
- Wetmore Spur:
- 8 North – Shingleton:
Eastern Upper Peninsula – By County
- Luce County: Insufficient snow for grooming or riding.
- Trail #45:
- Trail 9:
- Trail 498:
- Trail 2:
- Chippewa County: Insufficient snow for grooming or riding.
- *Sault Ste. Marie to Brimley, Trail #8
- *Brimley to Raco, Trail #8
- *Mission Hill trail #889
- *Sault Ste. Marie City Trail, Trails #497, #449, parts of #8 & #49
- *Sault Ste. Marie to Kinross, Trail #49
- *Kinross loop & south to Pickford, Parts of Trail #49, #472, and #494
- *Kinross to Raco & Rudyard, Parts of trail #472 & #480
- Paradise: 25 degrees this morning under a partly cloudy sky. I always like to start my report like this to give you an idea of what the weather is like UP here! It IS opening day of da sno-mo season!!! Problem is not much sno-mo to be had. This is my 21st year of runnin a groomer and doing trail reports and I have yet to see a good first day on December 1st…that I can remember at least. We do have a solid 6 inches of snow on the ground but the ground really isn’t froze yet and lookin at the weather reports its supposed to warm up into the low 40s the next couple of days and rain/snow. Next week looks to be better though….if you can believe the weather guessers! Lets hope Ole Man Winter is better to us this year than last, we deserve it, the last couple of winters haven’t been so good, I`m sure you know. I was talkin to da boss last night and he recalled we didn’t have an “official” grooming run with a drag behind us last season until Jan. 16th!!!!!! Lets hope that doesn’t happen again! Now for some good news. In my last report I said da boss had some good news for us so here it is. WE ARE GETTIN A NEW MACHINE THIS YEAR!!!! YEA!!!! The old Prinoth Trooper which was a 2012 is already gone. The new Prinoth Husky is supposed to be here shortly. It is just like the other 2 we already have and we are EXCITED!!!! That Trooper had a demon in it somewhere and it didn’t like us at all! We are pretty much ready for the season to begin other than a few minor welds to finish up on with the drags and the new machine arriving. Another thing we are doing is painting a drag. It will be a lavender color to show support for all cancers. So if you see it out on the trails give us a thumbs UP!!!!!!I probably won`t do a trail report everyday yet until there is something important to report but I promise I will keep ya`ll informed….and as always…..totally honest. LET `ER SNOW!!!!!!!!Groomer Chris
- Drummond Island:
- Mackinac County: Insufficient snow for grooming or riding.
- St Ignace:
- Les Cheneaux/Cedarville/Hessel: