Do you hear what we hear? Tis the season to take a trip to Michigan’s Upper Peninsula — and there is much to do while you are here this time of year! Choose from craft shows and gift markets to holiday performances, light shows and even 5k races. We’ve hung a list of holiday events in the Upper Peninsula below with care. Now you just have to pick your favorites and merrily make your way over here.
What is your Thanksgiving tradition? Do you wake up before the crack of dawn to run a turkey trot with your family? Do you like to shop around to prepare for your other upcoming holidays this season? Do all of the above somewhere new!
The annual TV6 Thanksgiving Craft Show at the U.P. State Fairgrounds features booths and booths of only handmade creations. Find something unique here to take home.
Whether you need to trot to the starting line, or you run miles on end for fun, you’ll find Thanksgiving races in these locations:
See your favorite holiday stories at a local theater, listen to your favorite tunes of the season on stage, shop for your stockings till you drop and close the year out with a party!
Local and traveling talent will be putting on the following shows:
- A Charlie Brown Christmas/It’s A Wonderful Neverland
- A Christmas Carol - Houghton
- A Charlie Brown Christmas & The Nutcracker - Marquette
- It’s a Wonderful Life Live Radio Play
- How the Grinch Stole Christmas - Mackinac Island
Here is where you can hear your favorite songs of the season:
- Aspirus Foundation Christmas Concert
- A Magical Christmas with Elvis
- John Berrys 26th Annual Christmas Tour at the Kewadin
- Marquette Symphony Orchestra: Sounds of the Holidays
- Deep in the Heart of Christmas at Calumet Theatre
- A Sawyer Brown Christmas
Pick up unique holiday decor and gifts for your loved ones at these markets and events. We won’t tell if you buy something for yourself, too!
- “Deck the Walls!” Holiday Gala
- Rosza’s Home for the Holidays Gift Market
- Downtown Marquette Holiday Farmers Market 2022
- Christmas in the Village
- H.O.M.E. for the Holidays Live Christmas Auction
- Downtown Christmas Open House
- Christmas Bazaar - Mackinac Island
If you prefer handmade over store bought, check out these craft shows:
Parades and Christmas lights
It wouldn’t be the holidays without lights to make things merry and bright! Visit these local displays and parades:
- Parker ACE Hardware Parade of Lights
- Christmas in Lights Parade - Iron River
- Annual Escanaba Christmas Parade
- Christmas Tree Galleria
- Ore Dock Laser Light Show
- Gladstone Old Fashioned Christmas & Tree Lighting
- St. Ignace Hometown Holiday Parade
- Jack Frost Festival of Lights Parade
- Crystal Christmas
- Mackinac Island Christmas Tree Lighting
New Years Eve Parties
Ring in the new year and pop the bubbly at these parties:
Plan your trip now!
The holidays are a popular time to visit the U.P. so plan your trip and book your stay now! We look forward to celebrating your holiday season with you in our beautiful peninsula at our unique events. May your traditions branch out and plant roots in new ways this year.