Michigan’s Western Upper Peninsula offers a natural playground for all visitors, whatever time you visit. Spend some time in this region and you’ll find more than 300+ waterfalls that roar in the summer and glisten while freezing in the winter. Summer days are peaceful, but never long enough, and the colorful fall foliage is not to be topped.
Here are just a few of the items you can cross off on your Upper Peninsula Bucket List while here in the Western region:
- Bond Falls, Manabezho Falls and Agate Falls
- National Black River Scenic Byway waterfalls
- Copper Peak Adventure Ride
- Porcupine Mountains Wilderness State Park, Lake of the Clouds Overlook & Summit Peak Observation Tower
- Iron County Historical Museum
- Lake Gogebic
- Lake Superior shipwrecks
- Mine Tours & Restoration: Iron Mountain Mine, Adventure Mining Co. and Old Victoria Restoration
- Keweenaw National Historic State Park
- Isle Royale National Park
- Upper Peninsula ghost towns
- Nine downhill skiing/snowboarding resorts
Ready to Go Outside & Play? Plan a visit to the Western Upper Peninsula via Wisconsin or Michigan today.